Please read our FAQs before sending us a message.
- Certified Australian Made under license ID number: 6697.
- GECA certified. The Eco Kids mattress only uses GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) certified foam. The GECA label is only awarded to products that have the highest environmental credentials and represent the leading environmentally preferable options in the marketplace.
- Dunlop foam is approved by National Asthma Council’s Sensitive Choice program.
- The bamboo fabric and hygroflex foam are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified as free of harmful chemical substances and safe for direct contact with the skin according to strict global OEKO-TEX testing criteria.
- The cotton fabric is certified as 100% natural and traceable cotton by Cotton Australia.
- Chiropractor reviewed & approved by the Chiropractic team at bedbuyer.com.au.
The Eco Kids mattress needs a bed base/frame that is stable and level and provides adequate support and ventilation. The ideal bed base/frame is a solid flat slat system. If slats are uncovered, the gap between the flat slats should not be more than 10cm apart. We do not recommend flexible (posture) slats or a spring bed base/frame as they can change the feel and support provided by the mattress. Using the Eco Kids mattress on the floor is ok for short periods of time, i.e. Kids slumber parties, but we do not recommend using it on the floor for long periods as it prohibits airflow which can cause mould and other damage.
The Eco Kids mattress only uses GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) certified foam. The GECA label is only awarded to products that have the highest environmental credentials and represent the leading environmentally preferable options in the marketplace.
The Eco Kids mattress is ‘100% Vegan’ as no animal products are used in the materials or during the manufacturing process.
The Eco Kids mattress has been tested to handle a sleeper’s weight of up to 120kg. This is based on a simulated nightly sleeping test over the life of the mattress. Please note a parent can sit or lay on the mattress with a child for short periods of time (i.e. during play/storytime or overnight if the child is in need of comfort) with a combined weight of up to 150kg.
No, the Eco Kids mattress is not fire retardant as we do not use any fire retardant chemicals in the materials.
The Eco Kids mattress does not contain latex or memory foam.
Some councils will allow “LDPE 4” in your regular plastic recycling. If yours doesn’t, you can recycle the soft plastic at any REDcycle collection point (found at most Coles and Woolies stores). Please cut the plastic into A3 size sheets before putting them in the bin.
No, the Eco Kids mattress contains no harmful glues, bonding agents or chemicals. Our Hygroflex foam is also OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified as free of toxic chemical substances and safe for direct contact with the skin according to strict global OEKO-TEX testing criteria.
We strongly recommend always using a mattress protector. Any stains or marks on the mattress should be removed with careful wiping or dabbing with a damp cloth. Don’t use solvents or chemicals and don’t over wet. Allow the area to dry before covering again.
We strongly recommend always using a mattress protector with the Eco Kids mattress. Using a mattress protector is more hygienic and will result in improved durability and hygiene of the mattress.
Using the Eco Kids mattress on the floor is ok for short periods of time, i.e. Kids slumber parties, but we do not recommend using it on the floor for long periods as it prohibits airflow which can cause mould and other damage.
The Eco Kids mattress is made with love in Melbourne and is officially certified Australian Made.
The Eco Kids mattress comes in 4 sizes:
- Single 92 x 188 x 22 cm
- Long Single 92 x 203 x 22 cm
- King Single 107 x 203 x 22 cm
- Double 137 x 188 x 22 cm
You do not need to flip the Eco Kids mattress. We have designed the mattress with the highest quality materials. Rotating the mattress, top to bottom, every few months will keep it in top condition and allow for even wear.
The Eco Kids mattress is a Medium/Firm feel, which is the optimal comfort choice for growing children.
The Eco Kids mattress is specifically designed and recommended for all children age 2+, including teenagers and young adults.
The Eco Kids mattress is ideal for the front, back & side sleepers.
The Eco Kids mattress comes with a ten-year warranty against faulty workmanship or materials.
Delivery & Shipping
All mattresses sold at EcoKids.net.au come with Free Delivery, Australia wide.
All mattresses are made to order and we require 3 business days from date of order to manufacture and have the stock ready for dispatch.
All mattresses are dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse and will be delivered to you based on the average delivery times below:
- Melbourne metro within 3 business days of dispatch.
- Sydney, Adelaide & Canberra metro within 10 business days of dispatch.
- All other areas within 14 business days of dispatch.
- The delivery service is to the Front Door of a Ground Floor dwelling ONLY. Depending on your location/delivery address you may be asked to help the driver to unload the mattress from the back of the truck/ute/van. If you require the mattress to be taken inside, upstairs or you cannot provide help at the time of delivery then please let us know immediately on receipt of this order so we can look into what other services are available in you location. Please note, other delivery services may have a delivery cost and we will inform you of this before it’s confirmed on you order.
- Business days are defined as Monday to Friday & exclude public holidays.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions and high demand across all delivery networks the average delivery times quoted above may take longer then expected and we apologies if you receive any delays in receiving your order.
No, all items purchased at ecokids.net.au come with Free Delivery, Australia wide.
This service is a Contactless Delivery Service to Ground Floor ONLY.
We can leave your delivery somewhere safe if you’re not home. Please add a note at checkout ‘Authorise to Leave’.
In order to ship Australia wide, we use multiple carriers and services based on different locations. The mattress will be delivered via truck, ute or courier service depending on your location. If you have any specific delivery requirements or there is an access issue in regards to your building or location, please contact us before placing the order so we can confirm one of our carriers can fulfil your needs.
This service is a Contactless Delivery Service to Ground Floor ONLY.
The Eco Kids mattress is shipped from our manufacturing facility in Melbourne.
Our standard delivery is to the front door only. The delivery drivers cannot take the mattress upstairs or into your home. If you live in an apartment block with a lift, the driver will take the mattress to the lift, and you will be required to take it yourself from there. If you require the mattress to be taken inside and/or upstairs, please contact us before placing the order, and we will try to find a suitable delivery service based on your area and requirements. Please note further delivery charges may apply for any service above our standard delivery service.
100 Night Trial/Returns/Refunds
Within 100 nights of purchase, if you are not completely satisfied, you can return the mattress for a full refund.
For returns within the 100-night trial, please let our customer service team know via [email protected] and provide your full name & order number. We will get back to you as soon as we can. This is usually the next business day.
All the customers should retain the original packaging of the mattress at least for 100 nights to use it during the return process. We highly recommend using a mattress protector with your mattress.
- Return shipping is free for Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth Metro. We will book your return with a local charity and organise for the mattress to be picked up and donated to them.
- Outside these non-metro areas return shipping is not covered, and you will be required to ship the mattress, by your own means, to your closest charity and provide us with proof of delivery that they have received it before we can process your refund.
To keep returned mattresses out of the landfill, we donate them to local charities so that they can live another life.
No, we do not resell returned mattresses. All returned mattresses are donated to charity.
Your refund will be issued as soon as we get confirmation from the charity that the mattress has been picked up from them or has been dropped off at their facility. Depending on your bank, it can take 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected on your method of payment.
- All major credit & debit cards
Just like at the buffet, where it’s best to try before filling your plate, we want you to be sure your kids love your mattress before you order big! So we limit returns under the 100 night trial to one per household.
For hygiene reasons we do not exchange or refund Pillows, Mattress and Pillow Protectors. Please ensure you select these items carefully before purchase.